NexGene Girls has created an opportunity to change people's lives and redefine what a scientist looks like.
NexGene Girls continues to strive to expand its programs and offerings to the community but we rely on the generosity and support of individuals and businesses. Without the assistance of community-minded individuals, we would not be able to continue to serve our community and fulfill our mission.
We hope that you will be able to take part by volunteering, donating or mentoring in one or more of the many exciting opportunities that we are offering this year. By contributing you can do your part to advance the growth of STEM fields and make them accessible to more young women of color.
NexGeneGirls has completed over 200 hours of programming serving four classes of 10-14 students to date. In total, 35-50 students will be served annually through programming offered in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. All the students come from low income households, and 100% of the participating students are students of color living predominantly in the 94124 and 94134 zip codes.
- 100% of participants showed significant gains in knowledge about STEM careers and increased general knowledge in science.
- Our cohorts have shown gains in critical thinking skills, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking.
-After involvement in our program 100% of participants felt that a scientist could look like them..
- 100% of participants reported increased confidence and 87% percent showed a greater interest in schooling.
- 100% of our students indicated that they wanted to continue in the NexGene Girls program.
- 98% of the participants had an increased understanding of the role of science and technology in everyday life.
- 92% of the students indicated that they wanted to learn more about science and technology as a result of participating in our program.
- 95% of the students indicated that the program allowed them to learn things about science that they did not know before.